This page is to help find solutions to problems that can occur across multiple modeling commands. Errors specific to a certain command should be put on the appropriate wiki page for the command.
Part Turns Black
- Cause: Faces that should be on inside are on outside
- Resolution: Try creating part using commands in a different order
Part Design Command will not complete with Not Contiguous Solid error
- Cause: Part Design commands only work with continuous body
- Solution: Create sepereate body if there should be space between bodies or check that sketches are at least flush with existing body.
FreeCAD crashes while creating fillets or chamfers
- Cause: OCC bug that causes a crash when an invalid fillet or chamfer is attempted
- Solution: Change radius to valid value
My edge based features keep changing position
- Cause: Topological naming is not stable meaning edge and face names change, changing which face etc. you feature is based on.
- Solution: Finish the main design work of your solid body before applying features like fillets and chamfers.
My face based features keep changing position
- Cause: Topological naming is not stable meaning face names change, changing which face your feature is based on.
- Solution: Do not use the attach to face feature for defining sketchs. Use a datum plane instead.
Command fails to complete with TopoDS::Edge, TopoDS::Shell, BRep_API: command not done or BRep_Tool:: no parameter on edge
- Cause: OCC call fails. The selection(s) made to define your command are incorrect or lead to a case that is not handled by OCC.
- Solution: Try using different selections for command or using a different command.