The Export page tool saves the current drawing page as an SVG file.
How to use
- Press the Export page button.
- A File Save dialog will open. Select a location and file name.
- TechDraw Hatch patterns are not exported to SVG due to a limitation in Qt4's SVG support.
- Text positions and sizes are not correct in the exported file. Using the "system" default font in the drawing improves the size problem considerably.
- Creating a DXF file from the saved SVG drawing in Inkscape 0.48: choose "Desktop Cutting Plotter (AutoCAD DXF R14) (*.dxf)" as export format and choose "px" as base unit in the next dialog. The drawing is not on scale yet but has a scale of 10:1. To get the correct scale on LibreCAD, choose Edit → Current Drawing Preferences → General Factor of 0.1. Check with a known distance.
- Since FreeCAD 0.18 it is possible to export DXF directly with TechDraw SaveDXF.
See also: TechDrawGui API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The SaveSVG tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
Note that the FreeCADGui module must be active to use this function.
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Face(s), Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Line(s), Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting