The Annotation tool adds a text block to a drawing page.
Annotation in the drawing page
How to use
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the Annotation button
- A text block containing "Default Text" will appear on the page. Use the property editor to change the text. Drag the Annotation to the required position.
- You may need to press recompute to get your text to change.
Modifying the annotation through the property editor
Note: some characters interfere with the internal representation of the Annotation text. Specifically, these are the double quote
", less than
<, and greater than
> symbols; these must be replaced by HTML escape characters,
> respectively. See Character encodings in HTML for details.
- DataText: The text to be displayed.
- DataFont: The name of the font to use. Annotation will use the best match of installed fonts.
- DataTextColor: The color of the text.
- DataTextSize: The size of the text in mm.
- DataMaxWidth: The maximum width of the Annotation block. -1 indicates no maximum width.
- DataLineSpace: Line spacing adjustment (%).
- DataTextStyle: "Normal", "Bold", "Italic", "Bold-Italic"
Note: Annotation inherits all applicable basic View properties except Scale. Use the TextSize property instead.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The New Annotation tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
anno = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewAnnotation','TestAnno')
anno.Text = ['Different Text']
anno.TextStyle = 'Bold'
rc = page.addView(anno)
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Face(s), Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Line(s), Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting