Revision as of 10:44, 16 July 2019
The Midpoints tool adds Cosmetic Vertices at the midpoints of one or more Edges.
Cosmetic Vertices at midpoints of Edges
How to use
- Select one or more Edges in a View.
- Press the Midpoints button
- Cosmetic Vertices will be added at the mid-point(s) of the Edge(s).
Cosmetic Vertices have no properties of their own, as they are not Document Objects. They share color and size settings with regular geometry vertices.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
Cosmetic Vertices are not accessible from macros or the Python console at this time. This snippet will remove all Cosmetic Vertices from the View.
>>> v = App.ActiveDocument.View
- This feature was added in v0.19
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting