The Balloon tool can add balloons with leader line in a drawing.
How to use
- Select the View to which the Balloon will be attached.
- Press the Balloon button.
- The cursor is now displayed as a balloon icon. Click on the page to place the balloon origin to the desired position.
- The balloon bubble may be dragged to the desired position. Use CTRL-drag to move the bubble and the arrow.
- You can change balloon properties by double clicking balloon label or balloon object in the tree. This will open the Balloon Task dialog:
When using a rectangle shape, separators can be added using "|" in the text.
For example "AAA|TEST|111" gives:
- DATAX: Horizontal position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- DATAY: Vertical position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- VIEWFont: The name of the font to use for the balloon bubble.
- VIEWFontsize: Dimension text size in mm.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Balloon tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
bal1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewBalloon','Balloon')
rc = page.addView(bal1)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting