|TechDraw → Balloon|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw New annotation|
The Balloon tool can add balloons with leader line in a drawing.
How to use
- Select the View to which the Balloon will be attached.
- Press the button.
- The cursor is now displayed as a balloon icon. Click on the page to place the balloon origin to the desired position.
- The balloon bubble may be dragged to the desired position. Use CTRL-drag to move the bubble and the arrow.
- You can change balloon properties by double clicking balloon label or balloon object in the tree. This will open the Balloon Task dialog:
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. This means that if you modify the 3D geometry the faces and edges of the model may be renamed internally; if a dimension is attached to an edge that is then modified, the dimension may break. In general, it is not possible to keep the projected 2D dimensions synchronized with the actual 3D objects.
Therefore, it is recommended that dimensions be added when the 3D model is no longer being modified.
- DATAX: Horizontal position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- DATAY: Vertical position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- VIEWFont: The name of the font to use for the balloon bubble.
- VIEWFontsize: Dimension text size in mm.
bal1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewBalloon','Balloon') rc = page.addView(bal1)