Work in Progress
The Balloon tool adds a ...
File:TechDraw Balloon example.png
How to use
- Select the View to which the Balloon will be attached...
- Press the Balloon button
- A balloon will be added to the View. The balloon bubble may be dragged to the desired position. Use CTL-drag to move the bubble and the arrow.
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. This means that if you modify the 3D geometry the faces and edges of the model may be renamed internally; if a dimension is attached to an edge that is then modified, the dimension may break. In general, it is not possible to keep the projected 2D dimensions synchronized with the actual 3D objects.
Therefore, it is recommended that dimensions be added when the 3D model is no longer being modified.
- DATAX: Horizontal position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- DATAY: Vertical position of the balloon bubble relative to the View.
- VIEWFont: The name of the font to use for the balloon bubble.
- VIEWFontsize: Dimension text size in mm.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Balloon tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
bal1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewBalloon','Balloon')
rc = page.addView(bal1)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting