|Spreadsheet → Property Controller|
|Introduced in version|
This tool adds a new property controller object to a selected spreadsheet object. The controller can then manage a certain property of a certain object, and update it with the value of a cell from the spreadsheet, whenever that cell changes.
How to use
- Select an existing spreadsheet object
- Press the button
- Adjust the needed properties
- DATATarget Type: The type of item to control: a property of the target object, or a datum-based constraint if the target object is a sketch
- DATATarget Object: The object to be controlled
- DATATarget Property: The name of the property to control, or the number of the datum-based constraint
- DATACell: The cell from the host spreadsheet to take the value from
Spreadsheets can be created from python scripts and macros using the makeSpreadsheetPropertyController() function:
import Spreadsheet mySpreadsheet = Spreadsheet.makeSpreadsheet() controller = Spreadsheet.makeSpreadsheetPropertyController(mySpreadsheet)
- This tool is not available below FreeCAD version 0.14
- Currently it is not possible to undo the changes that a controller does to its controlled object.