FreeCAD GUI for Data Manipulation
The GUI for numeric data entry in FreeCAD is a versatile entity. Unfortunately it contains various inconsistencies which frustrate new (and old) users. This is a list of some of those bugs. guiForDataManipulationExample.jpg
- Level of expansion for Data tab in Combo View is inconsistent
- if user has Position drop-down expanded then it should not close when he switches to a different object
- New object should switch selection to new object (view zooms to display new object, but browser doesn't Select it)
- Erratic Selection
- Selection is not always predictable, sometimes there are multiple selections, this leaves the user unsure of which object an action will act upon
- Erratic Selection after drag/drop
- having to click twice to reset Selection
- is math ability in X,Y,Z documented?
- 400 + -17 may be entered into the X, Y,Z coordinates, is this documented?
- is there a way to reset "800-170" in X,Y,Z to "630"?
- after using 400 + -17 to relocate an object, is there a method for the user to reset the field value to 383?
- deleting a Compound object places the component objects at the end of the list
- inability to drag/drop objects in Combo View Model tab to place in order
- right-click on Combo View Model tab to sort objects alphabetically
- business with negative sign, comma in data entry
- roll over from -9,999 mm to -1.1 m (looses place)
- erratic Undo
- Return doesn't always put X,Y,Z into Edit mode
- does Combo View scroll when you need to drag something from the bottom to the top and the top is off the top of the display?
- drag/drop must be onto folder, will not accept a member of that folder