Does an intersection (common) on two selected meshes.
The result is created as a new separate mesh.
- Select meshes to be intersected in the tree-view or in the 3D-view.
- Choose Meshes → Boolean → Intersection
Example: Cube intersected with sphere
- Tools: Import Mesh, Export Mesh, Create Mesh from shape, Curvature Plot, Harmonize Normals, Flip Normals, Fill Holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Create mesh segments, Smooth, Scale
- Analyze: Evaluate & Repair mesh, Face Info, Curvature Info, Check solid mesh, Boundings info
- Regular solid: Regular solid, Mesh Cube, Mesh Cylinder, Mesh Cone, Mesh Sphere, Mesh Ellipsoid, Mesh Torus
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Mesh PolyCut, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting