| || |
facebinder a very simple object constructed from selected faces of other objects. It is of parametric, you can modify the original object and the facebinder object updates accordingly. It can then be used for example for making an extrusion out of a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design , to build an object that covers several pieces of walls . You can move and rotate the facebinder around after its creation, everything will stay linked to the original faces. |+|
The a object from selected faces of . It is parametric, you modify the original objectthe updates accordingly.
It can be used an extrusion a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several of walls, .
| || |
Revision as of 22:06, 8 November 2018
The Facebinder tool creates a surface object from the selected faces of solid object. It is parametric, meaning that if you modify the original object, the Facebinder updates accordingly. If you move and rotate the Facebinder, it will stay linked to the original faces.
It can be used to create an extrusion from a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several faces of walls, for example, a wall paper, or wall finish.
How to use
- Select faces on objects (use CTRL to select several faces)
- Press the Facebinder, button, or press F, F keys
The facebinder tool can be usedin scripts and macros by using the following function:
makeFacebinder ( selectionset )
- Creates a facebinder object from the given selection set, which is a list of selection objects such as returned by the FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() method.
- Only selected faces are taken into account
- Returns the newly created object
import Draft, FreeCADGui
mySelection = FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx()
- Not available before version 0.14
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Wire, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Bezier Curve, Cubic Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, Edit Improved, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, Path Array, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting