|Draft → Ellipse|
|Introduced in version|
The Ellipse tool creates an ellipse in the current work plane by entering two points, defining the corners of a rectangular box in which the ellipse will fit. It uses the Draft Linestyle set on the Draft Tray.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
The ellipse can be turned into an elliptical arc after creation, by setting its first angle and last angle properties to different values.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the Ellipse tool will restart after you finish the shape, allowing you to draw another one without pressing the tool button again.
- Press DATAMake Face ); if not, the ellipse will not make a face (DATAMake Face ). or click the checkbox to toggle filled mode. If filled mode is on, the ellipse will create a filled face (
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- DATAMajor Radius: The major radius of the ellipse
- DATAMinor Radius: The minor radius of the ellipse
- DATAMake Face: Fills the ellipse with a face
- VIEWPattern: Specifies a hatch pattern to fill the ellipse with
- VIEWPattern Size: Specifies the size of the hatch pattern
See also Draft Pattern page.
The Ellipse tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeEllipse (majorradius, minorradius, [placement], [facemode])
- Creates an ellipse object with given major and minor radius.
- If a placement is given, it is used.
- If facemode is False, the ellipse is shown as a wireframe, otherwise as a face.
- Returns the newly created object.
import Draft myEllipse = Draft.makeEllipse(4,2)