Difference between revisions of "Draft Ellipse"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
The Ellipse tool creates an ellipse in the current [[Draft SelectPlane|work plane]] by entering two points, defining the
The Ellipse tool creates an ellipse in the current [[Draft SelectPlane|work plane]] by entering two points, defining the of a rectangular box in which the ellipse will fit. It the [[Draft Linestyle]] set on the .
Revision as of 05:57, 6 November 2018
|Draft → Ellipse|
|Introduced in version|
The Ellipse tool creates an ellipse in the current work plane by entering two points, defining the corners of a rectangular box in which the ellipse will fit. It uses the Draft Linestyle set on the Draft Tray.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to check/uncheck the button. If continue mode is on, the Ellipse tool will restart after you give the second point, allowing you to draw another ellipse without pressing the Ellipse button again.
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to have the ellipse filled with a face after it has been closed
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- Ellipses, when in "Flat Lines" display mode, can display a hatch pattern, by setting their "Pattern" property below.
- DATAMajor Radius: The major radius of the ellipse
- DATAMinor Radius: The minor radius of the ellipse
- DATAMake Face: Fills the ellipse with a face
- VIEWPattern: Specifies a hatch pattern to fill the ellipse with
- VIEWPattern Size: Specifies the size of the hatch pattern
See also Draft Pattern page.
The Ellipse tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeEllipse (majorradius, minorradius, [placement], [facemode])
- Creates an ellipse object with given major and minor radius.
- If a placement is given, it is used.
- If facemode is False, the ellipse is shown as a wireframe, otherwise as a face.
- Returns the newly created object.
import Draft myEllipse = Draft.makeEllipse(4,2)