Difference between revisions of "Draft Draft2Sketch"
m (→Limitations: Redaction)
(Sketches, not "objects")
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
This tool converts [[Draft Module|Draft objects]] to [[Sketcher Module|Sketcher
This tool converts [[Draft Module|Draft objects]] to [[Sketcher Module|Sketcher ]], and vice-versa.
Revision as of 01:44, 15 November 2018
|Drafting → Draft to Sketch|
|Introduced in version|
|Sketcher Workbench, PartDesign Workbench|
How to use
- Select a Draft object or a Sketch.
- Press the button.
- If you convert a Draft Wire, the resulting sketch will use point constraints for the nodes.
- If you convert a Draft Rectangle, the resulting sketch will use point constraints for the corners, and horizontal and vertical constraints for the edges.
- If you convert a Draft BezCurve, the resulting sketch will be approximated by a Sketcher BSpline, as the Sketcher Workbench doesn't support Bezier curves currently.
- Non-Draft objects that are totally planar will also get converted to sketches.
The conversion of an object that cannot be represented with a combination of straight lines, circular arcs, and B-Splines will usually fail, that is, the item will not appear in the sketch.
In the past, a Draft BSpline couldn't be converted directly to a sketch. A special tool was required, such as a function in the the KicadStepUp Workbench, which can approximate B-Splines to a series of Draft Arcs. See the forum thread BSplines to Shape2DView and Sketcher.
Since FreeCAD 0.17, the conversion from Draft BSpline to Sketcher BSpline is possible. However, converting to a series of arcs is still useful in order to export the curved shape to a particular application that doesn't support B-Splines, like KiCad.
There are no options for this tool. Either it works with the selected object or not.
There is no programming interface available for the Draft2Sketch tool. See the Sketcher Workbench documentation for the Sketcher API.