Current stable version
The first 0.18 release of FreeCAD (16093) was published on 2019-03-12. The latest bug fix release 0.18.4 (16146) was published on 2019-10-26. To find out what's new, see the release notes.
You will find SHA256 checksums to verify the integrity of your download on the 0.18.4 release page.
Mac OS X 64-bit
Notes for Windows users
- The 32-bit installer (x86) supports the following versions of Windows: 7/8/10.
- The 64-bit installer (x64) supports the following versions of Windows: 7/8/10.
- A portable version (64-bit) that doesn't need installation is in the release page.
Notes for Mac OS X users
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan is the minimum supported version.
Notes for GNU/Linux users
Most distributions carry FreeCAD in their official repositories, however, if the distribution doesn't follow a rolling release model the version they provide might be outdated. Instead you can download the AppImage above, mark it as executable and launch it without installation.
Please see the Install on Unix page for more installation options, including daily packages for Ubuntu and derivatives.
FreeCAD's development is active.
- For Linux users, check out the development AppImage.
- For MacOS, Windows, and development source code, see the FreeCAD/releases page.
Additional modules and macros
The FreeCAD community provides a wealth of additional modules and macros. They can now easily be installed directly from within FreeCAD using the Addon Manager.