The Material tools allows to add materials to the active document, and attribute a material to an Arch object. Materials can all the properties of a certain material, and control the color of the object to which it is attached. Materials are stored into a Materials folder in the active document.
How to use
- Optionally, select one or more objects to which you wish to attribute a new material.
- Press the Set Material button.
- Load a preset material, or create a new one by filling the fields.
- Press OK.
- Upon creating a new material, a task panel allows you to set different options:
- Choose preset: Choose one of the preset materials, to be used as is, or to be adapted by modifying the fields below
- Name: Choose a name for the material
- Edit button: This opens the current material in FreeCAD's Material editor, which allows you to edit many additional properties and add your own custom ones
- Description: A more detailed description of the material
- Color: A display color for the material, which will be applied to all objects that use that material
- Code: A name and reference number of a specification system such as Masterformat or Omniclass.
- Code browser button: Not implemented yet - will allow to open the reference in a web browser
- URL: An URL where more informaiton about the material can be found
- URL button:Opens the URL in a web browser
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting