The Arch Building is a special type of FreeCAD group object particularly suited for representing a whole building unit. They are mostly used to organize your model, by containing floor objects.
How to use
- Optionally, select one or more objects to be included in your new building.
- Press the Arch Building button, or press the B then U keys.
- Starting from FreeCAD version 0.18, the Building object is actually a BuildingPart with its DATAIFC role property set to "Building". You can convert any BuildingPart to a Building simply by changing its IFC role.
- After creating a building, you can add more objects to it by drag and dropping them in the Tree View or by using the Arch Add tool.
- You can remove objects from a building by drag and dropping them out of it the Tree View or by using the Arch Remove tool.
- DATABuilding Type: The type of this building, to choose from a list
See also: Arch API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Building tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following function:
Building = makeBuilding(objectslist=None, baseobj=None, name="Building")
- Creates a
Building object from
objectslist, which is a list of objects, or
baseobj, which is a
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch
p1 = FreeCAD.Vector(0, 0, 0)
p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(2000, 0, 0)
baseline = Draft.makeLine(p1, p2)
baseline2 = Draft.makeLine(p1, -1*p2)
Wall1 = Arch.makeWall(baseline, length=None, width=150, height=2000)
Wall2 = Arch.makeWall(baseline2, length=None, width=150, height=1800)
Building = Arch.makeBuilding([Wall1, Wall2])
Site = Arch.makeSite(Building)
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting