Visit offsite tutorials for lists of tutorials hosted on external sites.
- Invent Box Tutorials playlists: many videos of different design programs including GIMP, Krita, Inkscape, Blender, KiCad, and FreeCAD.
- Learn FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 15 videos by Invent Box Tutorials in English. This series introduces many common tools used in PartDesign and the Path Workbench to model a part suitable for manufacturing: sketches, extrude, loft, sweep, mirror, linear and polar patterns, boolean operations, helix, toolpaths, pocket cutting, drilling, engraving, post processing and cutting.
- Ha Gei videos: several videos in English and German by Ha Gei. The videos mostly focus on PartDesign, using FreeCAD 0.17 and 0.18.
- FreeCAD 0.17 for Beginners , Part Design First Steps and STL Export, FreeCAD 0.17 Tutorial , full length Version, FreeCad (0.17) From the Idea to the Print, FreeCad 0.18 Introduction , walkaround and first steps with PART Workbench. English, FreeCAD 0.18 Entry Level Tutorial ( Follow Up ), 3D Print Workflow--freeCAD .18 --Kissslicer--Print
- FreeCAD STL zu FreeCad ( Part/Part Design) v. 01.7 und zurück, FreeCAD 0.17 Tutorial für Anfänger in Deutsch, Freecad 0.17 von der Idee zum 3D Druck, FreeCAD 0.18 Erste Schritte zum 3D Design., FreeCAD und 3D Druck kompletter Workflow an einem Beispiel.
- AllVisuals4U playlists: various videos on modelling and 3D software, including Blender, FreeCAD, and 3D printing. Some videos may be outdated.
- 3D MODELING | FREECAD: FreeCAD 0.17 and 0.18, a series of 22 videos of modeling objects like footwear, a spoke wheel, a bicycle seat, an ice scraper, a pair of sunglases, a table, a watering can, a lampshade, a dustpan, a vase for water, a cocktail glass, a wall clock, a pen holder, a printable chair, a birthday cake, and others. It also shows how to model objects for 3D printing, and to export to Blender.
- FreeCAD Tutorials - GENERAL: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 28 short videos on general aspects of FreeCAD; for example, it shows how to change units, background color, the splash screen, constraints, set perspective view, set transparency, change the size of toolbar icons, prepare for 3D print, and extrude text. Some more advanced instructions include how to do logo design, metal bending, and assembly. Most videos describe FreeCAD 0.16, but since they don't focus on modelling aspects, the information is generally applicable for other versions.
- mathcodeprint playlists: various videos in English on 3D modelling tools including FreeCAD and OpenSCAD.
- FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 73 videos about model design, including PartDesign, Sketcher, Draft, shed framing, comparing FreeCAD against OpenSCAD, using the A2plus workbench, and interesting challenges from the CAD sub-forum in Reddit.
- CAD Stick Framing Playground, 11 videos.
- CAD Challenge, 4 videos.
- FreeCAD & Mini-Kossel Assembly Animations and more, 7 videos.
- bavariaSHAPE - FreeCAD Practice playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD 0.17 to 0.19 with English and German annotations.
- FreeCAD Wissenshäppchen 2018: a series of 16 short videos showing how to perform some actions: work with gears, use the -key in the Sketcher, measure an imported STEP, set up LuxRender, prepare technical illustrations with the help of Inkscape, evaluate and repair STL files, and export STL files.
- FreeCAD Wissenshäppchen 2019: a series of 8 short videos showing how to perform some actions: convert a hand drawn sketch into a 3D object, clean a part and maintain parametric associations, use the Placement interface, understand the projection methods in TechDraw, manage construction history in a spreadsheet, and use the Sheet Metal Workbench.
- FreeCAD Beginners Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 5 videos by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials, in English, that teach the basics of FreeCAD, such as installing, the interface, and presents basic workbenches like Draft, Arch, Part, and the Sketcher.
- Mecatrónica LATAM playlists: various videos on using 3D modellers, including FreeCAD, in Spanish.
- FreeCAD Tutorial: FreeCAD 0.18, a series of 7 videos showing how to model various objects: basic tubular structures, pipe connections, an open ended spanner, a bolt and a nut.
- German_Plasma_CNC playlists for FreeCAD, CNC, G-code, Blender, and other topics. Mostly in German, some videos in English.
- FreeCAD Deutsch 2019: a series of 53 videos in German dealing with building shapes and preparing them for CNC manufacturing. Some topics include: preparing a job, simulating, postprocessing, milling the profiles, pocketing, drilling, engraving, and editing the tools.
- FreeCAD English: a series of 4 videos in English with some tips of working with FreeCAD.
- TechDraw: a series of 5 videos describing the TechDraw Workbench, by sliptonic; 1 (Basics), 2 (Dimensions), 3 (Multiview), 4 (Sections and Detail), and 5 (Customizing templates).
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- sliptonic playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD, working with TechDraw and particularly the Path Workbench, by sliptonic, one of the main developers of the latter.
- Using FreeCAD version 0.17 Path Workbench: a series of 9 videos that explain how to use the Path Workbench including the tools and controllers, job setup, visualization, operations, dressups, units, and preferences.
Visualization and rendering
- Joko Engineeringhelp playlists: many videos on 3D modelling with tools like FreeCAD and Blender.
- Blender Render Solidworks and FreeCAD Parts with AllVisuals4U: a series of 11 videos that is a collaboration between Joko Engineeringhelp and AllVisuals4U. In these videos they demonstrate how to model a glass bottle in FreeCAD, and then how to prepare a scene and render it in Blender: 3D Bottle Design - FreeCAD To Blender Export, Part 1: Import, Part 2: Arrange, Part 3: Assign Materials, Part 4: Lighting and UV Maps, Part 5: Node Options, Part 6: Create Renders, Part 7: Smooth STL Meshes.
- FreeCAD: a series of 24 videos describing many topics in FreeCAD including finite element analysis (FEM), a tutorial for new users coming from other programs, developing a model using an image as reference, how to use variables and equations to design models, and also showcases some complex models, like a full cylinder head for an engine.
- Yorik van Havre playlists: the Arch Workbench main developer has various lists on FreeCAD for building modeling as well as general architecture.
- Presentation of FreeCAD's Arch Workbench: FreeCAD 0.16, presentation for #ODC2016PN.
- BIM with FreeCAD - Introduction: general introduction to FreeCAD 0.17.
- BIM with FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17 to 0.19, general videos on BIM and and Arch Workbench, including setup, building walls, windows, using 2D objects, and expressions.
- Barcelona pavilion: FreeCAD 0.18 and 0.19, a series of 17 videos that describes the modeling of the "Barcelona Pavilion" (or "German Pavilion"), a building in Barcelona designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich in 1929. The videos demonstrate importing geometry from a DXF file, then go on to draw the walls, the windows, the glass panels, the structural elements and roofs, the floor tiles, the terrain, the footings and the stairs. Then it shows how to export the model to IFC, how to create 2D projections in TechDraw, how to work with quantities and schedules, and finally how to create a rendered view of the project in Blender.
- Regis Nde Tene's playlists: various videos on architectural modelling using Blender and FreeCAD, by Regis Nde Tene, in English and French.
- FreeCAD Tuts: a series of 16 videos covering a wide range of aspects of Architecture modeling including 2D plan creation, 3D modelling, using constraints, annotations, Arch spaces, rebars, exporting to PDFs, doing curtain walls, using an axis system, creating a multilayer wall, creating a wall cladding, and designing a cabinet.
- Freecad tuto French: tutorial in French.
- Elemental - Quinta Monroy: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 35 videos that completely model the "Quinta Monroy" by Elemental. It starts by importing various DXF files for floor and elevation views that can be used as reference, and then proceeds to model the 3D objects such as walls, concrete structures, roofs, windows, and stairs. The series has two types of videos: long videos that show the modelling process in detail, and shorter videos that speed through the process to show the general steps taken in the long video.
- Blender & Freecad Arch Workflow: a series of 10 videos showing how to create a building in Blender, and exporting the model to FreeCAD.
- UH Studio Design Academy playlists: many videos on architectural design using Blender and FreeCAD, by UH Studio Design Academy.
- Freecad: FreeCAD 0.18, a series of 7 videos that present various aspects of architectural modeling, parametric building massing, introducing FreeCAD to architects and Revit users, using sketches and parametric relationships, and comparisons with grasshopper and Catia.
- Introduction to FreeCAD for architects and Revit users, Part 1, Part 2
- Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD, particularly focusing on architectural and civil engineering usage, by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials.
- Architectural BIM Modeling Course Using FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 11 videos showing how to model a building including creating a slab, external walls, doors, windows, internal walls, floors, roofs, adding colors and materials, and doing rendering.
- FreeCAD Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 18 videos dealing with various architectural topics like dimensioning structures, creating rebars, analyzing structures, interoperability between FreeCAD and Blender, and Revit, creating tubular structures, creating a curved terrain, using geographical data, and creating 2D architectural plans.
- FreeCAD FEM/Civil/Structural/Arch Tutorial-1-An Introduction: FreeCAD 0.16, and introduction that builds a simple structure of pillars and beams, and analyzes them with the FEM Workbench.
- An Arch project with open source: a house project and energy analysis with FreeCAD, Blender 3D, and VI Suite, by Green Hub (sergiobini), Part 1, Part 2.
- freeCAD for Architecture playlists: many videos for architectural modeling in Indonesian language, by freeCAD for Architecture.
- Complete house project tutorial for architect 'from zero to hero' using freeCAD!: a series of 24 videos showing many steps like drawing the floor plan, windows, doors, walls, furniture, text annotations, and dimensions, modelling the roof, draw a fence, prepare the model for exporting to Blender, and more.
- tips and trick for better and fastest workflow in freeCAD!: a series of 8 videos with various tricks to use FreeCAD in a better way.
Finite element (FEM) simulation
- FreeCAD FEM/Civil/Structural/Arch Tutorial-1-An Introduction: FreeCAD 0.16, and introduction that builds a simple structure of pillars and beams, and analyzes them with the FEM Workbench, by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials.
- Animation Workbench by microelly: a series of 7 videos that describes the Animation Workbench by its developer. This is one of the external workbenches that can be installed from the Addon Manager.
- FreeCAD Tutorials - GENERAL by AllVisuals4U: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 28 short videos on general aspects of FreeCAD; for example, it shows how to change units, background color, the splash screen, constraints, set perspective view, set transparency, change the size of toolbar icons, prepare for 3D print, and extrude text. Some more advanced instructions include how to do logo design, metal bending, and assembly. Most videos describe FreeCAD 0.16, but since they don't focus on modelling aspects, the information is generally applicable for other versions.
These videos were made for FreeCAD 0.16 and earlier. Although they may be considered obsolete, they are included here for reference as the information they contain may still be useful for intermediate and advanced users. Absolute beginners are advised to avoid these videos until they have a better understanding of modelling techniques.
- BPLRFE playlists: these are playlists in German by the late Roland Frank (✝2017), a beloved member of the FreeCAD community.
- FreeCAD-Tutorials (deutsch), FreeCAD 0.14 to 0.16, a series of 32 videos in German, showing how to model many different objects, and use many of the capabilities of the software. They pre-date the "Learn FreeCAD" channel videos.
- FreeCAD-Forumsantworten, FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 27 videos in German. These videos answer questions asked in the forum.
- Learn FreeCAD playlists: these are playlists in English by the late Roland Frank (✝2017), a beloved member of the FreeCAD community.
- FreeCAD Lessons for Beginners (english), FreeCAD 0.14 to 0.16, a series of 13 videos in English, showing how to model many objects. These are the English versions of the "FreeCAD-Tutorials (deutsch)" videos.
- FreeCAD- forum replies, FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 4 videos in English. These videos answer questions asked in the forum.
- bejant000 playlists: these are playlists in English by bejant.
- Basic Part Design Tutorial From The FreeCAD Wiki: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 5 videos in English, showing how to model a part that appears in the tutorials section of the wiki.
- FreeCAD Tutorials In Viewing Order: FreeCAD 0.14, a series of 9 videos in English, some of them with audio, showing how to model objects in the PartDesign Workbench.
- A list of all the videos is at bejant000 channel.
- Freecad tutorial - Getting started - Tutorials / Product design: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 42 videos by TutorialField, demonstrating how to model many different objects including a door handle, a rotary switch knob, a bottle, a door latch, a fork, a screwdriver, a hammer, a faucet, a salt shaker, a hair brush, a hunting knife, a knife holster, a car wheel rim, a bar stool, a coffee table, a caster wheel, a ballpoint pen, a spoon, a bathroom basin, a skillet, a sink strainer, and others. It also has videos explaining how to assemble independently modeled parts to create a bigger product like a pottery wheel.
- freecadscourse playlists: some videos on FreeCAD and LibreCAD (2D) by freecadscourse.
- freecadscourse: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 16 videos showing how to model various objects like a corkscrew, a sprinkler system, a pocket knife, a dumbbell, a screw, a comb, a key chain, a mobile phone case, a screwdriver, and others. It also shows how to do some assemblies and drawings. Only the most recent videos use FreeCAD 0.17.
- Intro to FreeCAD for 3D Printing: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 3 videos by Rick Hoefer in English. It deals with Part (Part 1), PartDesign (Part 2), and importing images to use as references for creating the shapes (Part 3).
- FreeCAD Tutorials - FEATURES: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 35 short videos by AllVisuals4U, focusing on tools of the Part and PartDesign workbenches such as boolean, box, chamfer, cone, cylinder, draft, ellipsoid, extrude, fillet, groove, helix, line, linear pattern, loft, mirror, offset, pad, pocket, polar pattern, prism, revolve, ruled surface, sphere, spiral, sweep, thickness, torus, trim, wedge, and others.
- cad1919 playlists: these are playlists in Japanese and English interface (no audio) to learn about various CAD systems including FreeCAD.
- Free CAD : Getting started （入門）: FreeCAD 0.15 and 0.16, a series of 20 videos to learn about FreeCAD, the Sketcher, constraints, and modelling parts.
- FreeCAD Mechanical drawing: FreeCAD 0.15 and 0.16, a series of 27 videos to learn about mechanical design, including modelling, assembly, and producing technical drawings.
- FreeCAD tutorial: FreeCAD 0.14 to 0.16, a series of 46 videos to learn many things about FreeCAD including modelling, technical drawings, sheet metal, exploding animation, assembly, and macros.
- FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.15 and 0.16, a series of 79 videos to learn modelling in FreeCAD, including complex assemblies like a universal joint, a gear pump, a safety valve, a hand crank, and a bench vice. These projects are developed over several videos.
- Beginners tutorial part 1 by Meow Dog.
- FreeCAD Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.13, a series of 8 videos in English by Bram de Vries, showing how to model shapes in Part and PartDesign.
- FreeCAD Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.13, a series of 3 videos in English by MarthamEngineering.
- John Durston playlists: these are playlists in English by John Durston.
- Designing a bicycle FreeCAD 0.12, a series of 5 videos explaining how to design a bicycle frame, the rims, and tires, using the Sketcher and PartDesign.
- FreeCAD TurboTutes: FreeCAD 0.12 and 0.13, a series of 5 short videos explaining how to perform some modelling actions, holes, pads, booleans, degrees of freedom, and alignment.