Every TechDraw Page is based on a Template object. The Template controls paper size and contains fixed text graphics and text, for example, a page frame or border.
The Template can also contain editable text fields for attributes like "Title", "Subtitle", "Author", "Date", "Scale", "Weight", "Drawing number", and "Sheet".
- DATAOrientation: Portrait or Landscape.
- DATAWidth: Paper width in mm.
- DATAHeight: Paper height in mm.
- DATAPage Result: A copy of the original Template file including all changes to editable texts. This allows users who may not have a copy of the Template file to see the Page as intended. Not typically useful for end users.
- DATATemplate: a) A pointer to the copy of the original Template file which is incorporated into this *.FCSTD file, or b) a filepath to a template accessible on the current machine. Use the file selection ellipsis (...) to change to a different template.
A limited number of pre-formatted templates in various standard page sizes are included with FreeCAD. These are found in
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
Custom templates can also be specified as a default in the TechDraw Preferences.
See also How to make a custom TechDraw template.
- TechDraw Templates are not entirely interchangeable with Drawing Templates. In general, Drawing templates will work in TechDraw, but there may be problems with editable text.
- See a Stackoverflow discussion on removing transform clauses in SVG files.
- The xml:space="preserve" clause sometimes causes problems with text size and positioning. It is best to avoid/remove this clause from your custom template's SVG code.