|TechDraw → Export page Dxf|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw SaveSVG, Draft DXF|
The Export page Dxf tool saves a drawing page as a DXF file
How to use
- Select a Page in the tree (if the document contains multiple pages).
- Press the button
- A File Save dialog will open. Select a location and file name.
- This function exports the R12 (AC1009) and R14 (AC1014) versions of DXF.
- R12 is an older, simpler version of the standard, but should be readable by most other software.
- R14 is the default version. It includes support for splines among other things.
- There are 2 parameters that affect DXF output:
- Preferences → Mod → Import → DxfVersionOut, valid entries are 12 or 14. Default is 14.
- Preferences → Mod → Import → DiscretizeEllipses. If splines/ellipses are polylines; if spline/ellipses are written as splines/ellipses. Default is false.
- If the FreeCAD document contains multiple pages, you will have to select the desired page in the tree before pressing the export button.
- Radial and Diameter dimensions will only export properly if they are "inside" the arc.
- Scaling is not supported. The DXF will be drawn in the actual size of the TechDraw Page.
- Units are not supported. The DXF will be drawn in mm. Dimension text will be shown exactly as displayed in TechDraw.