|TechDraw → Insert Projection Group|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw NewView, TechDraw NewSection|
The ProjectionGroup tool creates multiple orthographic projections of one or more 3D objects. Isometric views of the 4 front corners can be included.
If you only want to produce a single view, there is no advantage in using ProjectionGroup; you should use TechDraw NewView instead. If you do not wish to use the traditional First/Third Angle view layout, you should use multiple TechDraw NewView instead of ProjectionGroup.
Three orthogonal views and one isometric view of a solid object
How to use
- Select one or more Body and/or Part objects in the 3D window or tree.
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will also need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open in which you can select which views should appear in the group, the group's scale and other parameters.
- You can move the group as a whole by dragging the central view. You can also move individual views by dragging.
Taskview with dialog to choose the options of the projection group, including the secondary views, and the scale
- DATAAnchor: The central view in the group. Normally the Front view.
- DATAProjectionType: "First Angle" or Third Angle".
- DATAAutoDistribute: If true, space out individual views automatically. Use false to position manually.
- DATAspacingX: Horizontal space between views when automatically positioned. Note that Scale and the size of other views in the group also influence the spacing.
- DATAspacingY: Vertical space between views when automatically positioned.
The ProjectionGroup as a whole inherits X, Y, ScaleType, Scale and Rotation from the basic View.
Individual Views within the group inherit all part view properties, but the ProjectionGroup object controls the scale of all its member Views.
Note that the central box displays the current projection direction of the primary view. It cannot be used to change the direction.
#make a page print("making a page") page = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawPage','Page') FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawSVGTemplate','Template') FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Template.Template = templateFileSpec FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Page.Template = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Template #make projection group group = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawProjGroup','ProjGroup') rc = page.addView(group) group.Source = [fusion] #add Front(Anchor) view frontView = group.addProjection("Front") ##need an Anchor #update group group.Anchor.Direction = FreeCAD.Vector(0,0,1) group.Anchor.RotationVector = FreeCAD.Vector(1,0,0) #add more projections leftView = group.addProjection("Left") topView = group.addProjection("Top") rightView = group.addProjection("Right") rearView = group.addProjection("Rear") BottomView = group.addProjection("Bottom") #remove a view from projection group iv = group.removeProjection("Left")
Programming note: The Projection Group should always be added to the Page (ex. page.addView(group) before adding projections to the Group. This allows the Projection Group to use default parameter values derived from the parent page.