The Detail tool creates a view of small area of an existing view.
Square window showing a detail of an existing view
How to use
- Select a part view in the 3D window or tree.
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will also need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the Detail button
The detail view can be displayed within a round or square "viewbox". This is controlled by the "Matting" preference setting.
- DATABaseView: The part view on which this ViewDetail is based.
- DATAAnchor: The center of the detail view within the BaseView.
- DATARadius: Control the size of the displayed area.
- DATAScale: Magnification level.
- DATAReference: An identifier to indicate the area of the BaseView being displayed.
Note: Detail inherits all applicable View properties.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The New Detail tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
Detail = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDetail','Detail')
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting