The Annotation tool adds a text block to a drawing page.
Annotation in the drawing page
How to use
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the Annotation button
- A text block containing "Default Text" will appear on the page. Use the property editor to change the text. Drag the Annotation to the required position.
- You may need to press recompute to get your text to change.
Modifying the annotation through the property editor
- DATAText: The text to be displayed.
- DATAFont: The name of the font to use. Annotation will use the best match of installed fonts.
- DATATextColor: The color of the text.
- DATATextSize: The size of the text in mm.
- DATAMaxWidth: The maximum width of the Annotation block. -1 indicates no maximum width.
- DATALineSpace: Line spacing adjustment (%).
- DATATextStyle: "Normal", "Bold", "Italic", "Bold-Italic"
Note: Annotation inherits all applicable basic View properties except Scale. Use the TextSize property instead.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The New Annotation tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
anno = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewAnnotation','TestAnno')
anno.Text = ['Different Text']
anno.TextStyle = 'Bold'
rc = page.addView(anno)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting