The Hatch tool fills a closed region in a TechDraw NewView with a hatch pattern, which can be SVG or bitmap files.
SVG hatch pattern on a face
How to use
- Select an closed region in a View. The region will turn green.
- Press the Hatch button
- You may need to press recompute .
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
- Note that SVG hatch patterns are not included when a drawing page is saved as an SVG file.
Sample SVG patterns are available in
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
- DATASource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DATAHatch Pattern: Full path and filename to an SVG pattern file.
- VIEWHatch Color: Hatch pattern will be displayed in this color.
- VIEWHatch Scale: Hatch pattern size modifier.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Hatch tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawHatch','Hatch')
hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"])
hatch.HatchPattern = hatchFileSpec
rc = page.addView(hatch)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting