The Dimension Radius tool adds a radius dimension to a View. The dimension may be applied to any Edge in the drawing which is a circle or circular arc. The distance will initially be the projected distance (ie as shown on the drawing), but this may be changed to the actual 3D distance using the Link Dimension tool.
Measuring a circle, indicating the radius
How to use
- Select a circle or circular arc in the drawing. (Note some arcs which appear to be circular are actually ellipses or BSplines. You cannot make a radius dimension in these cases)
- Press the Dimension Radius button
- A dimension will be added to the View. The dimension may be dragged to the desired position.
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information.
This object has the same properties as the TechDraw Dimension Length tool. See that tool for details.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Dimension Radius tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
dim1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDimension','Dimension')
dim1.Type = "Radius"
rc = page.addView(dim1)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting