The Dimension Angle tool adds a angular dimension to a View. The dimension may be the interior angle between any two straight line edges. The angle will initially be the projected angle (ie as shown on the drawing), but this may be changed to the actual 3D angle using the Link Dimension tool.
Measuring the angle between two straight lines
How to use
- Select the points or edge which define your measurement.
- Press the Dimension Angle button
- A dimension will be added to the View. The dimension may be dragged to the desired position.
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information.
This object has the same properties as the TechDraw Dimension Length tool. See that tool for details.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Dimension Angle tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
dim1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDimension','Dimension')
dim1.Type = "Angle"
rc = page.addView(dim1)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting