The ActiveView tool inserts a copy of a 3D window into a Drawing page.
A simple view from the 3D model that doesn't perform any complex calculation.
How to use
- Navigate to the 3D window you wish to copy.
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will also need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the ActiveView button
- A dialog will open to allow you to specify the size, border and background color of the copy.
- Active views are static once generated, they are never updated with changes to the 3D model.
- This tool is still somewhat Experimental.
- DATAWidth: The width of the generated view.
- DATAHeight: The height of the generated view.
- DATABorder: The amount of empty space to be left around the view (but within Width x Height).
- DATABackground: Show or hide a background.
- DATABackground Color: Color to paint the background, if applicable.
- DATALine Width: Thickness of individual lines in the view.
- DATARender Mode: Various special effects. See Coin3d SoRenderManager for details.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The ActiveView tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting