This command lets you create a group in the tree view.
It can be used for organizing the structure of your model.
Right-click on the name of your FreeCAD-document in the tree-view and choose "create group".
A group will be created automatically and give the icon of a directory and an automatically chosen name.
You can rename the group by right-clicking on the group and choosing "rename" or using "F2" on your keyboard.
Push FreeCAD-objects into the group or pull them out of the group by clicking on the desired object,
keep left-mouse button pressed and using drag&drop-style to drag the object to desired new location.
As long as there is a "circle with a diagonal line"-sign below the cursor you can't drop your object here.
As soon as the sign changes to a "plus"-symbol it is possible to drop your object here.
- Right click on active document or on existing group in the Tree View and select Create Group...
- Drag-n-drop objects into the group
- To rename the group select a group and press F2, or right click a group and select Rename
- DATALabel: Name of the group
Following command adds new group to the active document:
Command needs an open FreeCAD-document to work.
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting