In FreeCAD the word "Sketch" is normally used to refer to a Sketcher SketchObject (
Sketcher::SketchObject class) that is defined by the Sketcher Workbench. This is a 2D drawing that uses mathematical constraints to describe 2D geometry precisely.
See Sketcher SketchObject for more information about this type of object.
How to use
There are two common ways to create a Sketch: using the Sketcher Workbench directly, or through the PartDesign Workbench.
- Switch to the Sketcher Workbench.
- Press Sketcher NewSketch.
- Switch to the PartDesign Workbench.
- Press PartDesign Body.
- Press PartDesign NewSketch.
After you finish editing the sketch, close it to go out of edit mode. Double click on it to enter edit mode again.
A Sketch is very commonly used in conjunction with the PartDesign Workbench to create solids by extrusion, using the PartDesign Pad operation.
Nevertheless, a Sketch can always be created by itself for any other purpose; it does not have to be tied to a PartDesign Body. For example, the Arch Window tool of the Arch Workbench uses Sketches to define the shapes of windows and doors.
- Installazione: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Base: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Ambienti: Menu di base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints