Macro for easy add dimension to Draft ... objects ...
How to install
- Copy and paste the code into a macro (see Ho to install macro)
- Save with a meaningful name (for me "dm")
- In FreeCAD Python Console digit "import dm" -> Return
- In FreeCAD Python Console digit "dm.showup()" -> Return
- set path for .ttf
- in its latest tested version, the path must be defined on line 1112, replacing path = "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ubuntu-font-family/Ubuntu-B.ttf"
- set other options
- Auto: Vertical + parallel. Point1 and point2 you click decide the string, and the point3 decide direction and the position.
- 2Point: The string is the distance of the point1 and point2. Point3 decide the position of the string.
- Vertical: Just like auto, but the direction must be vertical.
Parallel: Just like auto, but the direction must be parallel.
- Angle: To click line1 and line2. They will decide a angle. And last point decide the position of the string.
- Custom: Mmake a String what you enter. Point1 is the start. point2 is the end.
- Del obj: It can delete the dimension you make. Just click it and what you clicked will be deleted.
Limitations and things to improve
- When lines are moved, the dimensions do not follow the design
parallel functions as "orthogonal" (to me)solved, parallel has been removed
path for .ttf is lost when exit, or Freecad is closedsolved, now the path is set in the code
- It can not be paused, but it is always active, or exit
- It works only in the xy plane, or planes parallel to the xy
- When you break a dimension, disappear all properties
- download from the forum, here it is not accepted
- if it is present, remove the line 9 "import GSDraftGeomUtils"
Other similar instruments