|Tools → Edit Parameters → BaseApp → Preferences → Mod → Path → EnableExperimentalFeatures|
|Introduced in version|
The Path Workbench contains, by default, a set of hidden features. They are hidden by default because they are developmental or experimental for the following reasons:
- is an incomplete feature
- is bug-ridden
- is unstable
- does not produce correct, stable, safe, paths
- is not a standard, regularly used tool in the traditional CAM workflow
- is a mature, ready tool that has not been moved to the standard tool list
- ... other reasons
To access the hidden experimental features in the Path Workbench, the user must enable them. To enable Experimental Features:
- Open 'Tools' menu, and select 'Edit Parameters... ->BaseApp ->Preferences ->Mod ->Path'.
- Right click in the parameter list area to obtain the actions pop-up menu.
- Create a new Boolean parameter.
- Name the new parameter: EnableExperimentalFeatures (case-sensitive).
- Set it to: True.
- Save the settings.
- Reopen FreeCAD.
The experimental tools should appear in the Path Workbench.
Read more about the specific experimental features on the wiki pages that link to this one