Path FromShapes dosn't match the current Path workflow. For that reason it's moved to the experimental features.
This tool generates tool-paths from Path Object edges.
Tool-paths are uncompensated for tool radius. There is no Tool controller associated with the generated tool-paths .
How to use
All edges associated with the 3D Model selection will be included.
- Select edges by selecting the entire object from the 3D view or document tree, or by selecting individual edges, or by Faces from the 3D view.
- Press the From Shape button
The output tool-path is added outside the Path Job.
All Options provided are available only from the FromShape.Property.Data view, and include:
- Retraction Axis
- Retraction Height
- Resume Height
- Feed Rate
- Feed Rate Vertical
- Path Commands: Job, Post Process, Export Template, G-Code Inspector, Simulator, Tool Manager, Complete Loop, Contour, Profile from Face, Profile from Edges, Pocket, Drilling, Engrave, Mill Face, Helix, 3D Pocket
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting