|Posizione nel menu|
|Path → Adattiva|
|Introdotto nella versione|
This tool uses an adaptive algorithm to create clearing and profiling paths that manage cutter engagement so that engagement and material removal never exceed a maximum value.
Usage instructions for the Adaptive operation are presented here.
- Press the Adaptive tool from the Path menu. icon, or select the
- Select the tool controller for the Operation from the Tool controller dialogue pop up window, if prompted.
- Adjust the operation depths as needed in the Depths tab: Start Depth, Finish Depth, Step Down.
- Make adjustments in Heights tab if needed.
- Configure settings in the Operations tab:
- (See the Properties -> Adaptive section below.)
- Set the Step Over value as a percentage of the diameter of the Tool.
- If you wish to preview the result before accepting the settings, click Apply
- Click OK button to confirm and generate paths.
Preliminary Notes About Adaptive Clearing
- Depending on the size and complexity of the area for the operation, is might be better to not recompute the operation after every property change; rather, consider:
- deactivate the operation with the toggle tool, make your changes to the operation's properties, then click the icon again to re-activate the operation - which triggers a recompute internally.
- The FreeCAD Path/CAM Forum. operation might contain a few bugs yet to be clearly identified. Please report bugs and issues in the
- All tool shapes may not be respected with this operation. Check the FreeCAD forum for further details.
- Should you choose to run the path simulator in the Path Workbench, it only uses the standard end mill to simulate paths. Therefore, you will not see tool-shape-specific material removal. Material removal is shown using the end mill shape.
Note : The names of some Properties in this list differ a little from the same settings used in the Task Window Editor.
- DATAForce Inside-Out: Force plunging into material inside and clearing towards the edges
- DATAHelix Angle: Helix ramp entry angle (degrees)
- DATAHelix Diameter Limit: Limit helix entry diameter, if limit larger than tool diameter or 0, tool diameter is used
- DATAKeep Tool Down Ratio: Max length of keep tool down path compared to direct distance between points
- DATALift Distance: Lift distance for rapid moves
- DATAOperation Type: Type of adaptive operation: Clearing or Profiling
- DATASide: Side of selected faces that tool should cut: Inside or Outside
- DATAStep Over: Percent of cutter diameter to step over on each pass
- DATAStock to Leave: How much stock to leave (i.e. for a separate finishing operation)
- DATATolerance: Influences accuracy and performance
- DATAUse Helix Arcs: Use Arcs (G2) for helix ramp
Note: It is suggested that you do not edit the Placement property of path operations. Rather, move or rotate the Path Job model as needed.
- DATAPlacement: Overall placement[position and rotation] of the object - with respect to the origin (or origin of parent object container)
- DATAAngle: Angle in degrees applied to rotation of the object around Axis property value
- DATAAxis: Axis(one or multiple) around which to rotate the object, set in sub-properties: x, y, z
- DATAX: x axis value
- DATAY: y axis value
- DATAZ: z axis value
- DATAPosition: Position of the object, set in sub-properties: x, y, z - with respect to the origin (or origin of parent object container)
- DATAX: x distance value
- DATAY: y distance value
- DATAZ: z distance value
- DATALabel: User-provided name of the object (UTF-8)
- DATAClearance Height: The height needed to clear clamps and obstructions
- DATAFinal Depth: Final Depth of Tool- lowest value in Z
- DATAFinish Depth: Maximum material removed on final pass.
- DATASafe Height: The above which Rapid motions are allowed.
- DATAStart Depth: Starting Depth of Tool- first cut depth in Z
- DATAStep Down: Incremental Step Down of Tool
- DATAActive: make False, to prevent operation from generating code
- DATAComment: An optional comment for this Operation
- DATATool Controller: Defines the Tool controller used in the Operation
- DATAUser Label: User assigned label
Tasks Window Editor Layout
Descriptions for these settings are provided in the Properties list above. This section is simply a layout map of the settings in the window editor for the Operation.
- Add: adds selected element(s) which should be the base(s) for the path(s)
- Delete: delete the selected item(s) in the Base Geometry list
- Clear: clear all items in the Base Geometry list
- DATAStart Depth
- DATAFinal Depth
- DATAFinish Depth
- DATAStep Down
- DATASafe Height
- DATAClearance Height
- DATATool Controller
- DATACut Region (Side)
- DATAOperation Type
- DATAStep Over Percent
- DATAAccuracy vs Performance (Tolerance)
- DATAHelix Ramp Angle
- DATAHelix Max Diameter (Helix Diameter Limit)
- DATALift Distance
- DATAKeep Tool Down Ratio
- DATAStock to Leave
- DATAForce Clearing Inside-Out
- Author's GitHub page for the original project: kreso-t/FreeCAD_Mod_Adaptive_Path
- Active topic in FreeCAD forums for Path Adaptive operation: Adaptive Path/CAM Operation