|Part → Check geometry|
|Introduced in version|
The check geometry tool allows you to verify if you have a valid solid
The tool is available in the Part workbench under Part menu or with the button in the Boolean toolbar. Select a part (beware to select the whole part and not just a face to check for valid solid) then launch the tool. You will see results in the Task panel.
Activate additional BOP check
The function CheckGeometry checks if the Boundary representation (BRep or B-rep) of the model is valid. Additionally to this BRep check, it is possible to have an additional BOP (BOP= Boolean OPerations) check.
Beginning with version 0.19 there is a settings panel in the CheckGeometry results with a checkbox for toggling this on or off. For users of earlier versions, to activate the BOP check follow these steps :
- Use the menu Tools → Edit parameters... → Preferences → Mod → Part → CheckGeometry
- In the right pane double right-click on the RunBOPCheck parameter to change its value to true
- Click , close and restart.
See the screenshot below.
If the parameter or folder does not exist, you can create it by
- right-clicking on Part and choosing Add sub-group
- naming the sub-group CheckGeometry
- making sure the just created sub-group CheckGeometry is selected
- right-clicking in the right (empty) window and choosing New Boolean Item
- naming the new Boolean item "RunBOPCheck" and make sure it is set to true
- clicking , close and restart.
Run check and interpret results
- select in the tree view one or more objects you like to check
- click on
- you will get a report on the left side of the screen showing the result of the scan (beginning in version 0.19 any errors found are also logged in the report view)
- if your scan turned up errors you may click in the report window on a specific error message and the corresponding geometric object (edge/face ...) will be highlighted in the 3D view
- at the moment FreeCAD has no automatic repair methods for solids, so you need to look at the steps used in FreeCAD to model this specific geometry and try to fix the error yourself