Inserts a subtractive wedge in the active Body. Its shape is subtracted from the existing solid.
introduced in version 0.17
On the left: active body (A) shown in grey and subtractive wedge (B) shown in transparent red; result on the right.
How to use
- Press the Subtractive Wedge button. Note: the Subtractive Wedge is part of an icon menu labelled Create an additive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Subtractive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. To get the Wedge, click on the down arrow besides the visible icon and select Subtractive Wedge in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click OK.
- A Wedge feature appears under the active Body.
The Wedge can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
Using the default placement, the below inputs are:
- DATAX min/max : Base face X axis span
- DATAY min/max: Wedge height span
- DATAZ min/max : Base face Z axis span
- DATAX2 min/max : Top face X axis span
- DATAZ2 min/max : Top face Z axis span
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting