|PartDesign → Pocket|
|Introduced in version|
Sketch profile (A) was mapped to the top face of base solid (B); result after pocketing through on the right.
How to use
- Select the sketch to be pocketed.
- v0.16 and below The sketch must be mapped to the planar face of an existing solid or Part Design feature, or an error message will appear.
- Press the button.
- Set the Pocket parameters (see next section).
- Click OK.
When creating a pocket, the Pocket parameters dialogue offers five different ways of specifying the length (depth) to which the pocket will be extruded:
Enter a numeric value for the depth of the pocket. The default direction for extrusion is into the support. Extrusions occur normal to the defining sketch plane. Negative dimensions are not possible. Use the Reversed option instead.
The pocket will extrude up to the first face of the support in the extrusion direction. In other words, it will cut through all material until it reaches an empty space.
The pocket will cut through all material in the extrusion direction. With the option Symmetric to plane the pad will cut through all material in both directions.
Up to face
The pocket will extrude up to a face in the support that can be chosen by clicking on it.
v0.17 and above This allows to enter a second length in which the pad should extend in the opposite direction (into the support). Again can be changed by ticking the Reversed option.
- Use the type Dimension or Through All wherever possible because the other types sometimes give trouble when they are being patterned
- Otherwise, the pocket feature has the same limitations as the pad feature.
An example with the practice on the forum.