|PartDesign → Create a datum plane|
|PartDesign Point, PartDesign Line|
Creates a datum plane which can be used as reference for sketches or other datum geometry. Sketches can be attached to datum planes.
Datum Plane crossing 3 corners of the Cube with a Cylinder sketched on it using the Datum Plane as its X-Y Plane.
How to use
- Press the button.
- Define Plane parameters. Select a first reference in the 3D view to filter the available attachment modes.
- Depending on the selected reference, there may be one or more attachment modes available in the the list. The most likely one will automatically be selected and shown in bold in the list. The text Attached with mode along with the attachment mode name will appear in green at the top of the Parameters panel.
- To add an additional reference, press the next button. Once pressed its label changes to Selecting... until a selection is made.
- Select an attachment mode in the list.
- Define Attachment Offset values.
- Press .
Double-click the DatumPlane label in the Model tree or right-click and select Edit datum in the contextual menu to edit its parameters. For more details about Attachment mode and Attachment offset, see Attachment.
- DATAMapMode: lists the attachment mode used.
- DATAAttachment Offset: applies a transformation (translation and rotation) in reference to the attachment placement.
- DATALabel: name given to the object, this name can be changed at convenience.