Move object after other object, as this command is labeled in the contextual menu, allows reordering of objects under a Body. Sketches, datum geometry and features are supported.
introduced in version 0.17
How to use
- In the Model tree, select the object(s) to be moved then right-click to open the contextual menu.
- Select Move object after other object.
- In the Select feature dialog, select the object under which to move the object(s).
- Press OK.
The following three pictures show the same model with a pocket defined on a sketch attached to the datum plane. The features are reordered from one picture to the other. This has the effect that the pocket makes either no hole or make holes in different pads, depending on the order of the features in the model tree.
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting