|OpenSCAD → Refine Shape Feature|
|Introduced in version|
Cleans unnecessary lines. After a Boolean operation some lines defining the previous form remain visible, this tool creates a copy of the totally cleaned.
- Select the shape to be cleaned.
- Click the menu.
- A parent-object is created and totally cleaned, the original object is rendered hidden.
- The refinement algorithm only works on shells. Therefore it iterates over the shells of the input shape and then for each shell it creates a new shell with joined faces wherever possible. This means if your input shape is only a face, wire, edge or vertex then the algorithm does nothing.
- As opposed to Part refine shape in the Part workbench, this feature WILL update when the underlying shapes are changed.
- the function does not modify the existing shape, but returns a new shape
- the function is normally used as last step in the modelling history
- the function can help to get difficult fillets to work
- the function is intended to stop 3D printers from printing unwanted edges