Manipulator WB is aimed to help FreeCAD users in Aligning, Moving, Rotating and Measuring 3D objects through a friendly GUI.
Aligner: a set of tools to move and align 3D parts
Mover: a set of tools to move and rotate 3D parts on different Axis
Caliper: a set of tools to measure 3D parts, with some Snap facility and Radius, Length, Angle measurements.
These helpers work with Part, App::Part and Body objects.
The Tools can be Floating or Docked Left or Right.
Each Tool has a Help Button to get some useful tips
WebTools is an external workbench containing a series of tools to communicate with Web services from within FreeCAD.
Detailed description here
YouTube Tutorial Manipulator-WB-@Work
- automatically using the FreeCAD Add-on Manager (bundled in to 0.17 dev version under Tools Menu)
- manually by copying the Manipulator folder to the Mod sub-directory of the FreeCAD application.
Manipulator github page
- FreeCAD v0.15 4671
- FreeCAD v0.16 >= 6712
- FreeCAD v0.17 >= 11707
FreeCAD workbenches are easy to program in Python, there are therefore many people developing additional workbenches outside of the FreeCAD main developers.
The external workbenches page has some information and tutorials on some of them, and the FreeCAD Addons project aims at gathering them and making them easily installable from within FreeCAD.
New workbenches are in development, stay tuned!
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting