Since FreeCAD interface is based on the modern Qt toolkit, it has a state-of-the-art organization. Widgets, menus, toolbars and other tools can be modified, moved, shared between workbenches, keyboard shortcuts can be set, modified, and macros can be recorded and played. The customization window is accessed from the Tools -> Customize menu:
The Commands tab lets you browse all available FreeCAD commands, organized by their category.
In Keyboard, you can see the keyboard shortcuts associated with every FreeCAD command, and if you want, modify or assign new shortcut to any command. This is where to come if you use a particular workbench often, and would like to speed up its use by using the keyboard.
The Toolbars and Toolbox bars tabs let you modify existing toolbars, or create your own custom toolbars.
The Macros tab lets you manage your saved Macros.
Create your Toolbars for your macro Customize Toolbars
Since FreeCAD 0.16 a new tool is available that lets you manage your workbenches.
For an example workflow lets suppose we want to have the "Measure Linear" tool also show up in a custom toolbar in the Draft Workbench.
- in FreeCAD choose Tools -> Customize from the top menu
- select the "Toolbars" tab
- on the left side choose "Part" in the pull down menu
- on the left side in the lower window scroll down to the "Measure Linear" entry and select it
- on the right side choose "Draft" in the pull down menu
- click on to create a new toolbar and choose a name for it
- now select your destination toolbar in the right lower window (only needed if you have more than one toolbar)
- by clicking on the blue "Arrow right" (top icon in the middle row) you will add your selected entry to the selected toolbar
When selecting "Global" in the pull down menu on the right side you will create a toolbar which will be visible in all workbenches.
For adding an installed macro to a toolbar you must
- select "Macros" in the pull down menu on the left side
- have assigned menu text, icon (Pixmap) and so on using the Tools -> Customize -> Macros menu