ElementGeometry2D is used to define thickness of 2D FEM elements, all or laying on the chosen surface.
How to use
- Press the FEM ElementGeometry2D button, or press C then S keys.
- Define a thickness parameter.
- Optionally click
Add in the Task panel and then click on the face you want to have prescribed thickness. If the face selection is free, all remaining faces (which thickness is not defined by other FEM ElementGeometry2D objects) will be automatically assigned.
- Analysis combining shell elements with solid or edge elements is not supported in the current version (FreeCAD 0.18).
DataThickness: specifies the thickness of the shell.
For viewing results from CalculiX solver on the mesh expanded to the prescribed thickness, property
Beam Shell Result Output 3D in the FEM SolverCalculixCxxtools need to be set to
- Mechanical: Fixed, Displacement, Plane rotation, Contact, Transform, Force, Pressure, Self weight, Bearing, Gear, Pulley
Create data at point filter, Create functions
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting