Creates a FEM constraint for a prescribed displacement of a selected object for a specified degree of freedom.
How to use
- Click on or choose Model → Mechanical Constraints → Constraint displacement from the top menu.
- Select in the 3D-view the object the constraint should be applied to, which can be
- vertices (corners)
- Choose a degree of freedom to fix or prescribe a displacement to.
- The constraint uses the *BOUNDARY card in CalculiX. Fixing a degree of freedom is explained at http://web.mit.edu/calculix_v2.7/CalculiX/ccx_2.7/doc/ccx/node164.html and prescribing a displacement for a degree of freedom is explained at http://web.mit.edu/calculix_v2.7/CalculiX/ccx_2.7/doc/ccx/node165.html
- Mechanical: Fixed, Displacement, Plane rotation, Contact, Transform, Force, Pressure, Self weight, Bearing, Gear, Pulley
Create data at point filter, Create functions
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting