Power users have extended FreeCAD with various custom workbenches and addons that are not integrated into the FreeCAD source code but can be added to an existing FreeCAD installation.
Most extensions can be installed from the Addon Manager, menu Tools → Addon manager; specific instructions are provided in each extension page.
- aims to implement complete Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools and workflow in FreeCAD. It builds on top of the Arch Workbench
- provides tools to edit STEP models by removing selected features.
- allows creation of container objects for holding custom properties.
- a set of customized FreeCAD commands and objects that help to speed-up the drawing of frames and pipelines.
- Kicad StepUp
- is aimed at helping both KiCad and FreeCAD users in collaborating with electrical (ECAD) and mechanical (MCAD) design.
- augments the Arch Workbench with additional rebar tools.
- provides tools to design and unfold sheet metal parts.
- contains a series of tools to communicate with Web services from within FreeCAD.
As of FreeCAD 0.18 there is no official assembly workbench. However, several external tools have been created to manipulate objects to produce assemblies.
- provides tools to create multi-part assemblies.
- is aimed to help FreeCAD users in aligning, moving, rotating and measuring 3D objects through a friendly GUI.
- adds a wide range of helper objects such as alignment planes or axes, and tools to help you to position and align objects along those helper objects.
- Exploded Animation
- Persistent toolbars