This command allows you to display a selected Drawing page using FreeCAD's internal web browser. The normal Drawing page viewer of FreeCAD is based on Qt's built-in SVG rendering module, which only supports a tiny subset of the full SVG specification. As a result, some more advanced SVG features, such as pattern fills or multiline texts are not supported by this viewer. The FreeCAD internal web browser, however, is built on webkit, which is one of the best SVG renderers available, and will correctly render your page with all its features.
How to use
- Create a Drawing page
- Add some views or other content to your page
- Refresh the view if a Drawing view wasn't opened
- Press the Drawing Openbrowser button
- A page opened in the web browser will not refresh automatically on changes. You must use right-click → reload manually.
- Tools: Open SVG, New A3 page, View, Annotation, Clip, Open browser, Ortho views, Symbol, Draft Drawing, Spreadsheet view, Save, Project shape
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting