This command allows you to place a clipping rectangle on a Drawing page. Drawing View objects can then be added to that clipping rectangle, and their display will be truncated by the borders of the rectangle.
How to use
- Create a Drawing page
- Refresh the view if a Drawing view wasn't opened
- Press the Drawing Clip button
- Adjust the desired properties, such as size and position.
- Drag and Drop Drawing View objects on the Clip object in the Tree View
- A property allows you to show or hide the clipping rectangle itself.
- Clipping objects are not displayed properly by the internal Qt-based Svg viewer, but the Open Browser command shows them correctly.
- Tools: Open SVG, New A3 page, View, Annotation, Clip, Open browser, Ortho views, Symbol, Draft Drawing, Spreadsheet view, Save, Project shape
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting