This tool allows you to show and hide the grid defined in the Draft Preferences or with the Draft SelectPlane tool.
Draft Tray which allows you to set the working plane and the grid
How to use
- Define the appearance of the grid in the Draft Preferences; go to the menu Edit → Preferences → Draft → Grid and snapping; set the "Grid size", "Grid spacing" and "Main line every" options, then press OK.
- Then right click on a Draft object and select Utilities → ToggleGrid.
- Or right click on an empty space on a toolbar, or go to the menu View → Toolbars, and click on the Draft Snap checkbox.
- Then press the Draft ToggleGrid button to make the grid visible.
Another way to define the grid is by setting the work plane.
- Press the Draft SelectPlane button.
- You don't have to set a new plane, you just need to change the "Grid spacing" and "Main line every" options, and the grid will update itself in real time.
- Then press Esc or the Close button to abort the command but keep the new grid.
The SelectPlane button is present in the Draft Tray toolbar, which only appears in the Draft and Arch Workbenches.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Wire, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Bezier Curve, Cubic Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, Edit Improved, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, Path Array, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting