This method snaps to the special location points defined by a particular object, such as an Arch Wall.
Snapping the second point of a line to the special point of an Arch Wall, which is the vertex of its base wire
How to use
- Make sure Draft ToggleSnap and Snap Special are turned on.
- Choose a Draft tool to draw a shape.
- Move the cursor over a special object, such as an Arch Wall.
- A small white circle will indicate the special point to which your new point will be attached.
- Click to attach your new point.
The special points that serve as snapping points depend entirely on the object; these could be:
- Vertices of base lines of Arch Walls.
- Base points of Arch Structures.
- SnapPoints of Arch Equipments.
- Any point defined in the
SnapPoints attribute of an object, if it exists. The vectors defined in the
SnapPoints attribute (a
VectorList property) are transformed together with the object placement before snapping.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Wire, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Bezier Curve, Cubic Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, Edit Improved, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, Path Array, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting