|Draft → Point|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Line, Draft Wire|
The Point tool creates a simple point in the current work plane, handy to serve as reference for placing lines, wires, or other objects later. It uses the Draft Linestyle (only the color) set on the Draft Tray.
A single point placed on the working plane
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys.
- Click a point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the button.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component. You can press the button when you have the desired values to insert the point.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the point tool will restart after you place a point, allowing you to place another one without pressing the tool button again.
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- DATAX: the X coordinate of the point.
- DATAY: the Y coordinate of the point.
- DATAZ: the Z coordinate of the point.
Point = makePoint(X=0, Y=0, Z=0, color=None, name="Point", point_size=5) Point = makePoint(point, Y=0, Z=0, color=None, name="Point", point_size=5)
- Creates a
Pointobject in the specified
Zcoordinates, with units in millimeters. If no coordinates are given the point is created at the origin (0,0,0).
pointdefined by a
FreeCAD.Vector, it is used.
coloris a tuple
(R, G, B)that indicates the color of the point in the RGB scale; each value in the tuple should be in the range from
nameis the name of the object.
point_sizeis the size of the object in pixels, if the graphical user interface is loaded.
import FreeCAD import Draft Point1 = Draft.makePoint(1600, 1400, 0) p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(-3200, 1800, 0) Point2 = Draft.makePoint(p2, color=(0.5, 0.3, 0.6), point_size=10) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()
This code creates
N random points within a square of side
2L. It makes a loop creating
N points, that may appear anywhere from
+L on both X and Y; it also chooses a random color and size for each point. Change
N to change the number of points, and change
L to change the area covered by the points.
import random import FreeCAD import Draft L = 1000 centered = FreeCAD.Placement(FreeCAD.Vector(-L, -L, 0), FreeCAD.Rotation()) Rectangle = Draft.makeRectangle(2*L, 2*L, placement=centered) N = 10 for i in range(N): x = 2*L*random.random() - L y = 2*L*random.random() - L z = 0 r = random.random() g = random.random() b = random.random() size = 15*random.random() + 5 Draft.makePoint(x, y, z, color=(r, g, b), point_size=size) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()