This tool allows you to remove points from already created Draft Wires and Draft BSplines.
The counterpart to this tool is the Draft AddPoint operation.
How to use
- Select a Draft Wire or a Draft BSpline. The tool is disabled if no object is selected.
- Press the Draft DelPoint button.
- Click a point on the object.
- Press Esc or the Close button to finish the operation; points already deleted will be gone.
This functionality is also available from the Draft Edit tool.
The options of this tool are described in Draft Edit.
See also: Draft API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
There is no programming interface available for the DelPoint tool, however, removing points is simple.
Points attribute of a wire or spline is a list with the points that comprise that object; to remove points, overwrite this attribute with a shorter list of points. You can use methods like
pop() to remove an element in the desired position in the list. Each point is defined by its
FreeCAD.Vector, with units in millimeters.
import FreeCAD, Draft
p1 = FreeCAD.Vector(-1000, 400, 0)
p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(1500, -1500, 0)
p3 = FreeCAD.Vector(2200, 1000, 0)
wire = Draft.makeWire([p1, p2, p3])
points = wire.Points
wire.Points = points
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Wire, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Bezier Curve, Cubic Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, Edit Improved, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, Path Array, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting